Our Commitment to the Health & Safety of Our Clients and Staff
Body & Soul Retreat has now enhanced our policies and procedures to help ensure our health & well-being throughout the Retreat. It may seem as an inconvenience, but the extra steps taken help ensure that our space is safe and healthy.
Before You Enter
Any person entering Body & Soul Retreat will be subject to the following new procedures. Please remember that if you are not feeling good or maintain any type of elevated body temperature. It is best to stay home. Our policies regarding late or missed appointments has been suspended. That means if you felt OK when you left home but not so “OK” in our parking lot, please call us and let us know. We will re-schedule unconditionally.
Prior to entering the spa, each person will be subject to the following protocols.
- Wear a facial covering, extending above the nose and below the mouth.
- Will disinfect their hands with an approved disinfectant.
- Will consent to a non evasive body temperature screening. If you are running a higher than normal temperature, we must re-schedule your appointment.
- Will attest in writing to recent personal health histories.
Indoor Air Quality & Disinfection
In 2015, Body & Soul installed and began utilizing Hydro-peroxide indoor air ionizers to disinfect the air we breathe. This technology is proven to eliminate 99% of viral contaminants, including protein jacketed virus, h1n1, mersa, voc and a number of other pathogens. Click here for more information.
Common Area Policy
- Disinfecting protocols for seating and changing areas.
- Restrooms will be disinfected after each use. Including staff use.
- A surgical disinfectant is used to ensure the area is free of germs and other contaminants.
- Disinfecting protocols for all faucet and lavatory handles, dispensers, door knobs, handles, etc.
Body & Soul makes every effort to ensure that our staff members adhere to the rules mandated by the State of Florida, governing safety and sanitary procedures. Services involving nail care and facial treatments are set forth by the Department of Professional Business Regulation. Massage therapy and other related therapies are guided by the Florida Board of Health.
A few things that can be expected.
- Spa robes and foot wear will not be unavailable.
- Beverages including tea or wine will not be unavailable.
- Any food service or consumption will not be unavailable.
Massage therapy and the health protocols for massage equipment and tool maintenance, linens and other germ or contaminant controls, have been in effect since day one. The Florida Department of Health sets the guidelines for implementation and also requires re-certification from every licensed professional. With the current day conditions, we have enhanced these protocols to ensure a healthy condition for both client and therapist.
- Disinfecting protocols for massage tables, cradles and other massage apparatus, prior to and immediately following each session.
- Therapists shall wear a facial shield.
- Clients and Therapists shall cleanse their hands, prior to the therapy session.
- Clients and Therapists shall wear facial coverings.
- Germicidal UV lighting may be used.
Skin Care Therapies
Skin Care and the disinfecting protocols for equipment and tool maintenance, linens and other germ or contaminant controls, have been in effect since day one and are guided by the Department of Professional Regulation. With the current day conditions, we have enhanced these protocols to ensure a healthy condition for both client and technician.
- Disinfecting protocols for facial steamers and other facial apparatus, prior to and immediately following each session.
- Both therapists and clients shall cleans their hands, prior to prior to and immediately following each session.
- Technicians will wear a facial mask and facial shield.
- Technicians will wear latex gloves during sessions.
- Germicidal UV lighting may be used.
- The area and station where the service will be performed, will be disinfected, prior to the start of the service.
- All manicure services will be performed utilizing a protective barrier.
- All implements procedures remain unchanged. Tools and implements will be submerged in a surgical disinfectant, then cleaned and dried. This is performed prior to the first client and after each use.
- Pedicure stations are disinfected prior to and after each use.
- pedicure tubs and jets are treated with Clorox bleach then rinsed.
- Pedicure chairs, arm rest and controls are disinfected after each use.
- A record of each time the station is cleansed, is maintained in our “Pedicure Station” log book.